Are you on a quest to obsessively learn, experiment, and provide powerful infrastructure solutions?
As a Site Reliability Engineer, you’ll be partnered with Help.com’s infrastructure team. SREs work side by side with the CTO, developers, and fellow SREs to build, maintain, scale, and monitor the Help.com platform. The ideal candidate is empathetic, a great communicator, and values transparency. Most importantly, they constantly seek new knowledge and solutions to complex issues.
At Help.com, we want to help eliminate terrible customer service experiences and make good experiences great. With our multichannel software, waiting around for agents to locate your account information, look up a company policy, or see your previous interaction history is now a thing of the past.
We’re just getting started, so you have the chance to come in and help us build new products on a small, agile team. Your contributions will be felt immediately, and your efforts will directly shape our products and development path.
The Ideal Candidate
- Has a proven track record of reliable performance and dependability
- Has an insatiable curiosity and isn’t afraid to dive deep into their work
- Likes to experiment with new ideas and is not afraid to fail
- Dislikes the “not my job” mentality and is willing to be agile
- Is transparent about their processes, goals, and obstacles
- Knows how to communicate directly and effectively
- Values empathy and works well with others
- Can learn quickly on the job and isn’t afraid to ask questions
- Is reasonably security-minded with balanced expectations
- Programming/scripting languages
- Relational/NoSQL databases
- Disaster recovery
- Deploying and managing Kubernetes, Docker, and Helm
- Understanding of Node.js and Golang
- Configuring and troubleshooting Load Balancing
- Maintaining a high availability platform
- Configuring and troubleshooting HAProxy
- Working with NGINX
- Knowledgeable about Websockets
- Google Cloud Platform/Google Kubernetes Engine
- Familiarity with version control management systems and CI/CD
- Zero (0) downtime migrations
- Work with Node Core Contributors and other talented people
- We have a proven record of success. Our founders helped build companies like cPanel and HostGator
- Free on-site lunch
- Unlimited PTO and fully-paid medical benefits
- High standards for code coverage and automated testing. We review code thoroughly to ensure high quality results
- You’ll gain a ton of experience and feedback by building a platform used by customers daily
All of our positions are based in our office in Austin, TX. We offer competitive compensation, an unlimited vacation policy, as well as fully paid medical benefits (health, dental, vision) for eligible employees. Best of all, we have the energy, agility, and fun of a startup.
Help.com is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are unable to sponsor visas at this time, so all candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US.
or tell a friend via